Internet Explorer: https://www.shoretel.ie/resource-center/shoretel-web-dialer
1. For the Username, enter the users email address that is associated with their ShoreTel account, use the ShoreTel password for that user.
2. Click the advanced tab, and enter the IP address or DNS name of the ShoreTel HQ server.
3. Click Login
4. If the DNS name does not work, try using the IP Address instead, and vice versa.
- The click-to-dial application does not interfere with web page loading; it processes the data after it's in the browser window. You will see the data populate in the window and the telephone numbers will be highlighted seconds later.
- Excel click-to-dial functionality - Saving Excel documents as a web page and publishing them to your browser will enable you to use the ShoreTel Sky WebDialer in conjunction with a spreadsheet.
Not all phone numbers can be processed into links by WebDialer. Note the following limitations of click-to-dial technology, where WebDialer will not create links:
- When switching from one phone (physical or softphone) to another phone, it is recommended that you log out of the phone you've been using before logging into another phone. This will prevent delays of up to one hour caused by the WebDialer application not yet recognizing the new phone because the application is still attempting to communicate with the previously used phone.
- Phone numbers appearing as part of an image (a "picture" of a number). These phone numbers are only highlighted and clickable IF the web developer created a custom page with a predefined phone number link.
- Phone numbers containing characters other than digits (e.g. 1-800-BUY-TOYS)
- Numbers that are not clearly formatted as phone numbers such as 4083313300 (no spaces, dashes, or other separators).
- Phone numbers that are already click-able links (WebDialer will not alter an existing link).
- Phone numbers that appear in Web pages that restrict modification and block integration with applications like WebDialer
- Phone numbers appearing as values in a text area or text box.